The SIRENE project is officially part of the dynamic European Innovation Ecosystems Data Hub, an interactive platform collaboratively crafted by the European Innovation Council and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Executive Agency (EISMEA).
Within this innovative hub lies a treasure trove of information encompassing EU funding programs. Notably, SIRENE stands among the distinguished 102 projects nurtured by the European Innovation Ecosystems initiative, a robust component of Horizon Europe’s visionary landscape.
This initiative constitutes a pivotal element within the overarching New European Innovation Agenda, an elaborate tapestry woven from five distinct flagships that collectively envision tangible outcomes, enriching all stakeholders entrenched in the realm of innovation:
- Funding Scale-Ups: Unveiling a realm where institutional and private investors harmoniously converge to fuel the expansion of European deep-tech start-ups.
- Enabling Innovation through Experimentation Spaces and Public Procurement: Pioneering a terrain characterized by innovation-friendly frameworks, encompassing experimental regulatory approaches like regulatory sandboxes, test beds, living labs, and innovation procurement.
- Accelerating and Strengthening Innovation in European Innovation Ecosystems: Earmarking resources to cultivate regional innovation valleys, channeling no less than €10 billion into tangible interregional innovation ventures. This strategic endeavor converges with the directives of cohesion policy and Horizon Europe instruments, propelling innovation across all regions.
- Fostering, Attracting, and Retaining Talents: Orchestrating a symphony of initiatives, from an innovative intern scheme for startups and scale-ups, to an EU talent reservoir facilitating cross-border talent infusion. A visionary women entrepreneurship and leadership initiative and pioneering work on startup employees’ stock options further amplify this harmonious chorus.
- Improving Policy-Making Tools: Anchored in the bedrock of comprehensive and comparable data sets, this flagship illuminates the path toward informed policy decisions, fostering enhanced policy coordination through the European Innovation Council Forum.
The SIRENE project’s symbiotic relationship with this ecosystem underscores its pivotal role in shaping an innovation-driven future, resonating with the dynamic cadence of Horizon Europe’s vision.
The main aim of the SIRENE project is to support the growth of social innovation ecosystems delivering eco-friendly and sustainable community-based services for SHAFE (Smart Healthy Age-Friendly Environments) implementation in Europe, by providing a workable framework for investment and the broad adoption of high-quality smart living solutions, combining the housing sector and ICT infrastructure.
Check out the EISMEA datahubs here.